A delicious North Indian recipe for Kadai Paneer is made from paneer that has been cooked in a spicy sauce made from onions, tomatoes, capsicums, and traditional Indian spices. This is one of the most popular curries in India and across the globe.
There are several ways to make Kadai paneer. If you want to serve it with bread, you can make a dry or semi-dry version. If you want to serve it with a rice dish, you can also cook it with gravy.
How to make Kadai Paneer at Home:
It can be prepared in many ways, and every restaurant and every family prepares it differently. Among all pioneer recipes, Kadai Paneer is the simplest and most common. Enjoy our version of Kadai Paneer!
|For Kadai Masala||
|For Kadai Paneer Gravy||
- Tomatoes should be boiled until the skin begins to peel off. Turn the heat off and let it cool. After the skin has been peeled and chopped, blend until smooth.
- On low heat, cook all the ingredients under ‘Kadai Masala Ingredients’ until golden brown. After the mixture has cooled, grind it into a powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry for a few seconds after adding the ginger-garlic paste, until there is no raw smell left. Sauté the onion until translucent. Stir in the prepared tomato puree.
- Add the Kadai masala and turmeric powder. until the gravy has come together and oil is oozing from the edges. Mix well with salt according to your taste. Using a medium flame, cook the gravy for 4-5 minutes adding water as needed.
- Bring the gravy to a boil with the chopped capsicum. Stir in the Kasoor Methi and fresh cream. Cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and add the Paneer slices. Cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy a yummy dish.
- Adjust the spices to suit your taste
- Do not cook over high heat after adding fresh cream; it can be curdled easily.
- Instead of making tomato puree from scratch, you can use store-bought puree.