Easy access to the internet, changed lifestyles, and improved technology has made online popular gaming around the world. The online gaming industry has been seen growth in this digital era of the Internet, offering online sports games and multiplayer games. With these multiplayer games, one can play easily with players overall the world. Offline video games have been an important part of gaming culture, but with the advent of the digital era, these offline video games have been transformed into online games that are more fun to play and enjoy.
List of Top 10 most popular online played games:
1) Fortnite Battle Royale
Fortnite is one of the most popular online survival and battle royale games developed by Epic Games in 2017. In Fortnite 3 types of games: Save the World, Battle Royale, and Creative. Fortnite Battle Royale is the player-versus-player game from Free of Charge with up to 100 players including you. You can play alone or in a group of 2 to 4 players fighting to the last player (or team). It is unique that players can not only fight with pistols and other weapons but can also build walls, stairs, and other fortifications with different materials.
- Online players: 350 million players
- Release: 25 July 2017
- Player: 100 players
- Designer: Darren Sugg
- Developers: Epic Games, People Can Fly.
- Platform: Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X, and Series S, macOS, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Ios, Android, Nintendo Switch.
- Publishers: Epic Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Website: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/home
Minecraft, one of the most famous and popular video games in the world, is a freeform sandbox adventure game. It was officially released as Minecraft: Java Edition for Windows, Mac, and Linux in 2011 and is offered for a wide variety of devices, including the most popular game consoles now. As their website says, “If you can dream about it, you can build it,” you can enjoy architecture by building your original world with blocks in Creative Mode. Multiplayer is available online
- Online players: 140 million
- Release: 18 November 2011
- Player: 1 to 8
- Designer: Markus Persson, Jens Bergensten, Stephen McManus
- Composer: Daniel Rosenfeld
- Developers: Telltale Games, Mojang Studios, Xbox Game Studios, 4J Studios, Ocean Interactive, Other Double Eleven
- Platform: Java, Android, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, iOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Raspberry Pi, Windows Phone, Fire OS, New Nintendo 3DS, Universal Windows Platform, tvOS, Macintosh operating systems.
- Publishers: Mojang Studios, Telltale Games, Xbox Game Studios, Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Website: https://www.minecraft.net/
3) Apex Legends
Apex Legends was developed by Respawn Entertainment and is available for Xbox, Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4. The game has 100 million players online who bought in a month and released in 2019. The game allows a team of 6 players with 3 players in a squad that allows them to brutally attack other resources and weapons on an island, only to fight another squad at that point.
- Online players: 100 million
- Release: 4 February 2019
- Player: twenty teams of three-player squads.
- Designer: Mackey McCandlish
- Composer: Stephen Barton
- Developers: Respawn Entertainment, Panic Button Games, Avalanche Studios Group
- Platform: PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows
- Publishers: Electronic Arts
- Website: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends
4) Call of Duty
Call of Duty is a war-themed first-person shooter video game series. The first Call of Duty title was published in 2003, there are now around 20 titles in the Call of Duty series. The worlds are inspired by histories such as World War II and the Cold War. You can play the series online with friends. The current video game title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare accepts 164 players and Call of Duty: Mobile offers 100 multiplayer battle royale games.
- Online players: 80 million
- Release: October 29, 2003
- Player: 1 to 8
- Designer: Activision, Treyarch, Mohammad Alavi, Michael Condrey, Steve Fukuda, Glen Schofield, David Vonderhaar, Mackey McCandlish, Todd Alderman, Zied Rieke, Gavin Locke, Joe Chiang, Jeremy Luyties, Jon Porter, Calvin Smith, Joe Cecot.
- Composer: Michael Giacchino
- Developers: Gray Matter Studios, Pi Studios, Exakt Entertainment, Nihilistic Software, Mercenary Technology, Spark Unlimited, Gray Matter Interactive, Ideaworks Game Studio, Amaze Entertainment, High Voltage Software, n-Space, Neversoft, Rebellion Developments, High Moon Studios, Glu Mobile.
- Platform: Mobile Phone, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, macOS, N-Gage, Classic Mac OS
- Publishers: Activision, Activision Blizzard, Aspyr, Tencent, Nokia, PROXIMA BETA, Capcom, Square Enix, 1C Company, SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD., Konami, Glu Mobile, ak tronic Software & Services GmbH, Spike (company), Hands-On Mobile.
- Website: https://www.callofduty.com/
5) Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds:
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, also known as PUBG, was developed in 2017 by the subsidiary of the South Korean video game company PUBG Corporation and offers players battle royale games with a first- or third-person perspective. Players fight to the last person. Modes for teams of two players and squads of four players
- Online players: 34 million
- Release: 23 March 2017
- Player: 1 to 100
- Designer: Brendan Greene
- Composer: Tom Salta
- Developers: PUBG Corporation, KRAFTON.
- Platform: Windows, Android, iOS, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Stadia
- Publishers: PUBG Corporation, KRAFTON, Microsoft, PROXIMA BETA, Light speed, and Quantum, KRAFTON, Inc., Kakao Games, Xbox Game Studios, VNG Game Publishing.
- Website: https://www.pubg.com/
6) League of Legends (LOL)
League of Legends, abbreviated as LoL, is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game that was developed by the American video game developer Riot Games in 2009. It is also known as one of the most popular esports games out there. a team against another team (each team consists of 5 players) that controls role-playing characters called “champions”. The team tries to win by attacking the enemy base.
- Online players: 32.5 Million
- Release: 27 October 2009
- Player: two teams of five players
- Designer: Mark Yetter, Steve Feak, Tom Cadwell, David Capurro, Christina Norman, Rob Garrett
- Composer: Graham McNeill
- Developers: Riot Games
- Platform: Microsoft Windows, macOS, Macintosh operating systems
- Publishers: Riot Games, Garena, Tencent
- Website: https://leagueoflegends.com/
7) Counter strike global offensive
Also known as CS: GO, this is a legendary first-person shooter game for PC and Mac. It is the last version released after the Counter-Strike series in 2012 (if we don’t count the “zombie” spin). the end) . Attract millions of players with incredible weapon mechanics and realistic physics. It also has a battle royale mode called “Danger Zone”.
- Online players: 24 million (monthly)
- Release: 21 August 2012
- Player: Two teams of five players against each other in a best-of-30 match.
- Designer: Jess Cliffe, Minh Le
- Composer: Mike Morasky
- Developers: Valve Corporation, Hidden Path Entertainment
- Platform: Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Classic Mac OS
- Publishers: Valve Corporation
- Website: https://www.counter-strike.net/
HearthStone was developed by Blizzard Entertainment and is available for IOS, Android and Xbox. The game has 29 million players online and was launched in 2014. The game consists in collecting decks of cards with different powers and different houses and using the cards for the health and life of the opponents of the week to win the game.
- Online players: 29 million
- Release: 11 March 2014
- Designer: Ben Brode, Mike Donais, Eric Dodds
- Composer: Peter McConnell
- Developers: Blizzard Entertainment
- Platform: Android, macOS, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Classic Mac OS
- Publishers: Blizzard Entertainment
- Website: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us
9) DOTA 2
This game was developed by Valve Corporation and is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. The game has 7.6 million players online and was released in 2013. The game is recognized with the rewarding game title, production quality, and loyalty to its predecessors.
- Online players: 7.6 million
- Release: 9 July 2013
- Mode: online multiplayer game
- Designer: IceFrog
- Composer: Tim Larkin, Jason Hayes.
- Developers: Valve Corporation
- Platform: Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Classic Mac OS
- Publishers: Valve Corporation
- Website: https://www.dota2.com/
10) The Splatoon 2
Splatoon 2, released in 2017 when the Nintendo Switch was on sale, is one of the most popular third-person shooter games developed by Nintendo. It is the second title after Splatoon released for Wii U in 2015. The players control the hybrid character Humanquid Inkling and fight. other players shoot, cover the ground and swim with colored ink. There are 5 battle modes and players fight as a group of 4 against another group. Platoon 2 offers more than 100 weapons and more than 40 battlefields.
- Online players: 5 Million
- Release: 21 July 2017
- Mode Multiplayer video game
- Producer: Hisashi Nogami
- Designer: Jordan Amaro Koki Kitagawa Terumasa Kato
- Composer: Toru Minegishi, Ryo Nagamatsu
- Developers: Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development
- Platform: Nintendo Switch
- Publishers: Nintendo
- Website: https://splatoon.nintendo.com/