poha is a flattened rice dish that is steamed with onions, spices, and herbs. it is the most common and popular dish in India’s south. It is one of the best and healthiest breakfasts because it contains a lot of nutrition and healthy carbohydrates. There are many reasons to eat poha instead of white rice because Poha is not only easy to make but it is also lighter and low on the glycemic index. We can’t eat rice at all times of the day but poha can eat many times as a breakfast or evening snack whenever you feel like eating something quick. It is also easy on the digestive system and low in calories. So it is better for you if you are trying to lose weight. it is a good meal that keeps you fuller for a long time.
Let’s See How to make Poha Recipe at Home
Ingredients for Poha:
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- And 1 cup of poha
- Mixed with 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 9-10 curry leaves
- Half a cup chopped onion
- 1/2 a cup diced potato
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 2-3 red chillies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- chopped coriander leaves
Here are some tips on How to Make Poha:-
1. In first step Poha needs to be placed in a bowl and washed, then left to dry completely in the bowl.
2. Now put the oil in a pan and let it be heat than add the chopped onion, mustard seeds, and whole red chillies and turn around them.
3. In the third step, you can add potatoes slices after the onion gets light brown and turn around till they appear a bit sleek.
4. In the next step, add the turmeric or salt and sauté over medium heat till the potatoes are not cooked well.
5. Add the poha, mix well, and increase the heat gradually until the dish is not cooked completely.
6. When dish is well done so you can shut off the heat and mix in lemon juice, green chillies and chopped coriander leaves.
7. The dish is now ready to serve, so transfer it to a serving dish.