In the modern era, many people feel embarrassed because of their body structure, low weight, thin frame, and many more issues. people with a high metabolism or poor appetite have struggled to gain weight. If someone is underweight, their body might not be obtaining the nutrients it must build healthy bones, skin, and hair. and If you are underweight and want to gain healthy body weight or build body, the best solution is to eat more or eat right.
In this article we understand how to weight gain at home naturally :
- reasons / Causes of being underweight
- the healthy way to gain weight
- exercise to gain weight
1) Reasons / Causes of being underweight:
The center of disease control recommends people use a BMI (Body Mass Index) to determine if they are underweight, overweight, or healthy weight. The use of body mass index ( BMI) is good because it measures a person’s weight according to their height. let understand it with an example: a person 80 kg of weight may not be overweight if he is tall but if he is short then he/she could be overweight. There are many reasons why you may be underweight, some of which are physical and others psychological. Let’s look at the specific reasons/causes of being underweight :
a) Family History: some people have a low BMI (Body Mass Index) because of the physical characteristic that runs in their family which naturally make them thin.
b) High Metabolism: If a person has a high metabolism, they may not gain much weight even if they eat healthy foods.
c) High levels of physical activity: People who regularly exercise a lot, such as jogging, running, swimming, or engaging in any type of sport are to be underweight, which usually happens because their metabolism is always high and they burn a lot of calories. constantly during the day, even while they are resting.
d) Health Condition: If a person has one or more diseases they may temporarily lose weight. You may also feel an increase in your metabolic rate, which can lead to long-term weight loss. Some examples of such health conditions are cancer, hyperthyroidism, tuberculosis, and diabetes. Depression or stress is also the main cause of underweight
2) Healthy Way to Gain Weight:
The secret to healthy weight gain is to increase your caloric intake with the help of healthy foods. Eating extremely high-calorie foods that have absolutely no nutritional value is unhealthy for healthy weight gain. On the opposing, it leads to the poor physical condition and increases fat mass in the body rather than lean muscle mass. Let’s look at the Healthy way to gain weight naturally :
a) Stay Hydrated: Drinking water doesn’t help you to gain weight but prevents dehydration and removes out toxins from the body. Thus, drinking water before meals or with meals is not recommended because it makes you feel full. You can include protein shakes in your diet to stay hydrated and gain healthy weight.
b) Eat more calories: consuming an additional 500 calories per day will increase your weight by one pound per week. So eat more nutrient-rich and high-calorie foods throughout the day in the form of meals and snacks. You can increase your calories by adding nuts, seeds, or cheese toppings to your meals. Below is a list of Snacks to increase your calorie intake:
- Avocado on toast
- Bread with your choice of nut butter
- Yogurt parfait
- Oatmeal with mixed nuts
- Boiled eggs with toast
- Protein smoothie
c) Improve physical strength: Do exercises or walk every day at home for at least 20 minutes.
d) Healthy Carbohydrates and Fats Eating a diet high in carbohydrates and fats is one of the best ways to gain healthy weight. While carbohydrates provide energy, healthy fats are high in calories. Together they gradually gain weight. Below List of Some healthy sources of carbs and fats are:
- Whole eggs
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Coconut oil
- Whole grains
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Full-fat yogurt
3) Exercises for Gain Weight :
Thin boys and girls can completely change their appearance and get a toned, attractive figure by combining these foods with some effective exercise. Here are some simple exercises for gaining weight at home without equipment. The best part is that these exercises can be done by both men and women.
a) Push-ups: Push-ups are simple and help build muscle in your shoulders and arms
- Lie face down on the floor.
- Put your hands on the floor, palms flat, arms outstretched to the sides, and hands shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly push your body up until your arms are fully extended. Keep your back and legs straight so that your body is in a straight line.
- Lower yourself slowly until your nose almost touches the ground.
- Repeat this as often as you feel comfortable.
b) Squats: This exercise helps build the butt and leg muscles
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Put your hands on your hips and flex your abs.
- Start lowering yourself with just your legs, as if to sit down, and sit down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Keep your upper body as still as possible.
- Raise yourself back to your original position.
- Repeat as many times as you want.
c) Lunges: You can do this exercise anywhere. It’s great for strengthening and toning your butt and leg muscles
- Stand up straight and tense your abdominal muscles.
- Extend one leg as if taking a step, then lean forward as you kneel until your knees are at a 90-degree angle.
- Push your heel back to raise yourself back to your starting position.
- Repeat as many times as you are comfortable on one leg.
- Repeat for the other leg.
d) Overhead press it: You will need a weighted bar for this exercise. Overhead press strengthens the muscles in your arms, shoulders, back, abdomen, and legs.
- Spread the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Raise the bar to just above the front of your chest, even with your shoulders.
- Slowly raise the bar above you until your arms are straight. Keep your elbows closed and your shoulders lift as if you were shrugging your shoulders.
- Slowly lower the bar to shoulder height.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as often as you are comfortable.